This is not yet another Congress Vs BJP Vs AAP article! However in between, this article uses examples from the winning political party, BJP. BJP is a nationalist, right to centre political party of India, which has made history by becoming the first non-congress party ever to achieve majority in the Indian parliament in 2014. It is also the first time in 30 years when a non-coalition government is formed in the centre, eliminating few prominent political groups from the parliament. This article analyses the surprising performance by the BJP from the marketing perspective.
The recently concluded democratic elections in India featured some principles of marketing used prior and during the elections by political parties. However, this term was used in a negative sense highlighting corporatizing of democratic institutions and crony capitalism. While crony capitalism is something our democracy should fight, marketing itself is not bad for democracy.
Marketing – in a political perspective – is the process of communicating the value of a product or service (policies, agenda and leader) to customers (entire population, both voters and non-voters), for selling that product or service (getting votes and trust). It is about getting the sense of society’s requirements and coming up with solutions for them. This is something, which all the sincere political parties try to do at the grassroots level.
In the 21st century, corporates have adopted a holistic marketing approach, which says, “Everything matters in marketing”. Such a marketing approach aids converge various segments of society with social responsibility. “Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat” (One India, Great India) – slogan widely used by BJP reflects this approach, discouraging the political marketing activities of “divide and conquer”. Holistic marketing comprises of four components, namely:
- Relationship Marketing: Extending communication with customers (voters) and working on their direct feedback, maintaining long-term relations (retaining voters). With the worst ever performance by the Indian National Congress in these elections, party leadership later accepted that there was a ‘disconnection’ with the people and they failed to recognize the mood of the nation.
- Internal Marketing: Considering employees as internal customers. Motivating party workers, and maintaining healthy two-way communication between upper leadership and lower leadership, party workers and cadres who have first-hand experience and understanding of public mood and problems.
- Integrated Marketing: Keeping every segment in mind and customizing your strategy to target each segment. Whether it is about a problem of a region, rights of minorities, safety for women or jobs for youth, a fair and balanced policy needs to be fabricated in the manifesto addressing everyone’s needs and bringing everything under one umbrella, thus increasing votes. The slogan “Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikaas” (Inclusive Development) widely used by BJP could be considered an example of integrated marketing which clearly had results – BJP winning an overwhelming majority in the parliament.
- Socially Responsible Marketing: For corporates, socially responsible marketing can be just a part of their marketing strategy or Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). However for political parties, this should be the main component of their strategy with a focus on benefits to the society.
In a parliamentary democracy, the demands of people and their needs are the driving force of all policy making and its approval. Such democracy should function for the people and by the elected representatives of the people. Any political party, which is serious about delivering and working for the people, must incorporate the four Ps of marketing. They are Product, Promotion, Price and Placement. When talking about customer focused marketing (public focus), the four Ps can be better presented as SIVA that is Solution, Information, Value and Access.
Customer oriented marketing or, in this case, public focussed politics or “good governance” – a terminology widely used by BJP’s prime ministerial candidate (now Prime Minister of India) is all about putting the citizens first. A political party must understand and recognize the problems in society and come up with a problem-solving product. This product or solution is the mix of leadership, ideology, party policy, action plan, agenda and manifesto.
The next important part of public focussed politics is promoting or informing people about their solution. This includes electronic and print advertisement, public rallies, meeting with people and running social media campaigns, all of which played a huge role in the recently concluded Indian elections.
However, the most important part is if the solution is actually reaching the people. Delivering on election promises can be done only after winning the elections, but it must be already ensured that the solution is applicable to all regions and sections of society. Parties must field a strong candidate in each constituency whom voters can vote for. It must be noted that NDA (BJP+) contested in 542 seats out of total 543, whereas UPA (Congress+) had contested only in 537 seats.
To sell the solution to the people, one needs votes! Every citizen can vote once in five years, thus every vote carries enormous value for him/her as well as for the party. Is your solution worth a voter’s vote? The solution and delivery of promises should be such that a voter feels safe and satisfied voting for that party.
In the latest elections in India, the winning party was accused of using the principles of marketing. Both the major parties, Congress and the BJP had hired PR firms to manage their campaigns. No matter how much funds and efforts you put in marketing, if your product/solution is not convincing to the people, you will not be able to maintain your dominance in the market of democracy for long.
Looking at BJP’s elections strategy, there is not doubt that the party was well aware of marketing fundamentals and made use of it wisely. Nevertheless, delivery of promises and implementation of the solutions is a part of marketing too (selling product/service and value addition). If the party is serious about maintaining its place in the parliament for long time, it should keep in mind all the promises it has to fulfil.
References for further study
- Kotler, Philip & Keller, L. Kevin (2012). Marketing Management 14e. Pearson Education Limited 2012
- Dev, Chekitan S.; Don E. Schultz (January–February 2005). “In the Mix: A Customer-Focused Approach Can Bring the Current Marketing Mix into the 21st Century”. Marketing Management 14 (1).
Little money savings around the globe
Nowadays, most families around the world struggle with their household economy. Thankfully, most grocery stores are aware of this and offer occasional sales. By comparing different stores flyers, you can hunting for the lowest prices out there. This will help you save money in a really easy way.
Finding the best discounts in the US
Many stores offer different discounts you can benefit from all across the United States. Multiple shops across the country hold weekly discounts on their products. You can find discounts on all sorts of items, from food to electronic equipment. The best way to keep up to date with those small sales is by regularly keeping an eye on the store’s flyers.
You can find discounts on products like the following:
- Automotive discounts: Companies like Toyota, Chevrolet or Ford are the ones with a bigger number of sales along the year. The discounts these companies offer range from cars to automobile products like motor oil.
- Department and Grocery Stores discounts: these type of discounts are the ones that benefit families more directly. Companies like Dollar General, Club foods, Family Dollar and Hannaford. It only takes a quick look to the Hannaford flyer this week to find discounts on products we use on a daily basis, such as ice cream or potato chips.
- Home and Garden discounts: companies like Menards or Crate & Barrel offer many discounts in home appliances, furnitures and garden apparels, so you can make your house a gorgeous makeover for a cheaper price.
Some other sectors that tend to hold sales across the United States in a less regular basis but that you should definitely check out are the ones related with babies and children products, the clothing sector, the pharmaceutical sector, the electronic sector, the furniture sector, etc.
Saving money in the UK
Residents on the United Kingdom can also rejoice. Companies offer all sorts of sales all across the country, so families there also get their chance to save money. After all, every extra pound does count at the end of the month. If we check the British flyers, we find that the bigger discounts you can find are usually in the following sectors:
- Automotive discounts: companies like BMW and Toyota are the ones that offer a bigger number of sales on UK soil. They generally offer discounts on a wide range of vehicles, mostly cars or motorcycles.
- Home and garden discounts: we can find a big number of discounts on products like home apparel or outside furniture from companies like Homebase or H&Q. If you are looking to do some reforms on your household, you definitely should check flyers beforehand so you do not miss out on any good deals.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets discounts: there are many discounts available for products our families use and purchase on a regular basis from those sort of stores. In the United Kingdom, the company that features a bigger selection of sales in their products is Lidl. A quick look to the Lidl leaflet this week in uk is enough to find discounts on products like desserts or electronic devices.
If you look carefully enough, you will also be able to find discounts on products like kid items, clothing or perfumes all around the country.
Canadian store sales
Canada is a country that also get its fair share of sales. Families across Canada enjoy many sales, but the products where we can find the bigger amount of discounts offers are:
- Department and Grocery Stores discounts: we can find a big amount of discounts on products regularly used by our families from the hand of companies like Longo’s, Walmart or Giant Tiger. If we check the Giant Tiger flyer in Canada, we can see that it offer a lot of discounts on products we use regularly at home, like juice or bread.
- Automotive discounts: companies like Volkswagen or Princess Auto are the ones that offer a bigger number of automotive discounts in Canada. You can find discounts on everything, from car apparels like a Oil Change Dispos-Kit to offers on vehicles sales.
If you live in Canada, you can also find a big number of discounts on products such as furniture, sport supplies, etc.
The benefits of getting help from a lawyer
When it comes to think about lawyers, most people tend to have Hollywood’s notion of them. Fancy men on fancy suits that you would never need unless you got into big trouble and need them to represent you in a trial. But what most people seem to fail to realize, is that legal assistance is needed in many aspects of our daily lives, especially if you are planning to move abroad or start a business.
Getting legal assistance from professionals
From quarrels with neighbors to job disputes, there are many instances in life where you may need the assistance of a lawyer. Having a good team of lawyers in Barcelona at hand to cover your back is always a good idea.
Over the last years, moving abroad has become one of the more common instances where people demand lawyers services, such as having your documentation in order or managing foreign business processes. You should always get professional help in order to avoid further legal problems.
Fixing your immigration paperwork
Moving to a different country is always complicated. The first thing you need to always make sure of is that you have your papers correctly settled. Not having the proper paperwork can carry you a lot of problems with your destination country’s authorities, and there are cases where even the entrance to the country has been denied due to not having the right papers.
It is important to always consult our case with professionals in order to get the best legal assistance and avoid these sort of problems. Professional lawyers will assist you all along this process. Lawyers can direct you to request the most suitable permit or visa for you. Professional lawyer immigration teams often do all the paperwork for you, so you can relax and invest your time planning other aspects of your travel.
For example, if you want to move to a country like Spain, the most common immigration papers you may need help with are the following:
- Getting a Spanish Passport: getting the Spanish nationality can ease many aspects of your live in the country. This is especially easy to get if you come from a country like Philippines or Portugal or you are an Iberoamerican or Sephardic Jew.
- Work permits: if you want to work in a different country, you need to make sure your work permits are in order. In Spain there are two different types of work permits you can apply for: Highly Qualified Professional (HQP) or Entrepreneur Visa.
- Requesting a NIE number: a NIE number is needed in order to identify you on many legal aspects while you stay in the country.
- Getting a Visa: there are three different types of visas you can apply for when moving to Spain.
- An Investor Visa( also known as the Golden Visa Program) for people looking to invest more than 500.000€ in Spanish Real Estate.
- A Student Visa for those who wish to study at a Spanish university.
- A non-lucrative Visa for people who want to reside in Spain but are not pursuing any lucrative activity.
Getting legal assistance with your business
Managing a business is never an easy task, especially when you want to start one from scratch. There are a lot of procedements where the help of a lawyer can be needed, like Trademark registration, setting a new bank account for your business finances, getting things certified by a notary, tax registrations with the correspondent government agencies, etc.
If you want to start a business in a foreign country, things get even more complicated. As stated before, first you need to make sure your personal paperwork is in order. Once your own paperwork is settled, it is time to get your company’s permits up to date. With the help of a professional lawyer team, you will be able to get all the complicated paperwork in order with very little effort. Legal teams will assist you with processes such as:
- The paperwork to register your company.
- The work contracts and salary rates for your workers.
- Your monthly accounting contracts
- Assistance when buying and selling shares
- Registering your Trademark
Keeping up with house trends
Home is the place where you should feel more comfortable. Thankfully, you can get all the confort without having to sacrifice style. Nowadays it is easy to remodel your house within a budget, making it accessible to any user. If you also keep up with the last trends, your house will surely be in everybody’s mouth.
Updating the living room
The heart of every household is, without any doubt, the living room. It is the place were the family reunites to spend the time together. We generally use the living room on our free time, so it is important to feel as comfortable in it as possible. After all, nobody wants to be in an uncomfortable place when it comes to watch a movie or spend quality time talking with your significant other. Latest trends are aware of this.
One of the most significant changes that have been happening on living rooms over the last years is that regular sofas have become outdated. Their crucial spot in the room has been taken all over by the chaise longues. Chaise longue is a kind of sofa that includes an extra long piece of sofa in one of the sides. Thanks to this additional piece, you can lay down more easily and relax. They are very versatile pieces of furniture and, the best thing about them, is that they come in all designs and patterns, so finding one that matches your style is easy.
Becoming one with your garden
Although most users would prefer spending their spare time in the living room, as the good weather arrives, the garden becomes a strong contender. A beautiful garden is every family dream. Over the last years, nothing has increased the value of properties like a stunning pool in the garden. The pool design therefore is one of the most important aspects of a house.
Choosing the right tiles for your pool can make a dramatic change on the pool appearance and durability. Lately, decorators all around the world have found a new favorite type of tile regarding pool tiles: the glass pool tile.
Glass pool tiles have beaten the traditional porcelain ones used on pools by many aspects. The most important one is that they reflect the light of the sun better, giving the pool a cleaner and brighter look. Glass pool tiles used to be made of materials that could not handle the cold weather well, but thankfully this has changed over the last years. Glass pool tiles are now made of very resistant materials making they appropriate for any kind of weather.
Glass pool tiles are really easy to install and come in all sort of different colours and designs. However, do not let this big variety overwhelm you. A trend in colours seem to be settling in at the moment: turquoise pool tiles. They reflect the sunlight very well while giving your pool a modern feeling. Immersing yourself in a pool with turquoise tiles after a long day at work can give you a relaxing ocean feeling. If you are looking to get yourself some turquoise pool tiles, we recommend you look for respectable sellers like Buy Home Tile, which is an online store famous for providing only quality materials.
Another important thing to take into account regarding your pool is the area around it. Experts like Buy Home Tile recommend you use river rock mosaic tile. This kind of tile gives a rustic but elegant feeling to your outdoors areas. Since it is made of river rocks, they are very resistant and can last you a lifetime. Their top quality durability make it a wise decision, not only for pools and garden areas, but also for your bathroom or shower floors. People around the world are choosing river rock mosaic tiles for multiple elements in their homes, so do not miss the chance of joining those who make wise decorative decisions.
Little money savings around the globe
The benefits of getting help from a lawyer
How to Trade Shares for Beginners
Beach destinations around the world that you should know about
All you need to know if you want to study architecture
Saudi Arabia halves oil production: How long will it last, and will it affect oil prices?
A holiday experience for all the family
All you need to know if you want to study architecture
Passion for Formula 1
Beach destinations around the world that you should know about
Business3 months ago
Gutemberg Dos Santos and Robert Kiyosaki share their vision of leadership
Technology9 months ago
Concerns and Limitation of Cyber Warfare
Europe10 months ago
ETIAS, the new permit you will need to travel to Europe from the US starting 2021
Travel11 months ago
Why is It Important to Cross-Check Hotels in Mussoorie In Advance?
Europe7 months ago
The Best Handmade Souvenirs from Spain are Just a Click Away
Business10 months ago
Dawn Ellmore Employment reviews the shock defeat for McDonald’s as it’s stripped of its ‘Big Mac’ EU trade mark
Culture and Lifestyle12 months ago
PRAMA, the new revolutionary interactive fitness program taking the wold by storm
Blog8 months ago
Easy, Safe and Without Ads: the Best Websites to Watch Movies Online in 2019