Humanism is older than all the religions.
There have been humanists since the beginning of recorded history, all over the world, though the word “Humanism” has only been used to describe our beliefs and values since the 19th century. These ideas have been recorded in Europe, from the 6th century BCE to about 6th century CE, in China from the 6th century BCE onwards, in India from the 6th century CE onwards, in the Arab world from the 12th century CE, and in the Western world from the 17th century CE to the present day.
If there was no religion, the world would be something other than it is today. But who can say what it would be like? While looking at this sentence, several questions comes to our mind. Even if, we are not brainstorming at the time. These questions will keep disturbing you;
• How would a world without religion have been born?
• How could the cave man have explained the meaning of life without religion?
• How would the cultures of Greece or India have flourished without religion?
• What story would the leader of a group of people have told his people, when a tsunami destroyed their homes?
• Have you thought about the difference between organised religion and religion as it is practised as a personal devotion?
• Religion, what is it good for?
• But what if, religion never existed?
• What we never had religion — or religions — to fight with or against?
• Would the World (and the people who inhabit it) be a better place?
• Would there be something important missing?
• On balance, and ultimately, has religion been a “good” thing or a “bad” thing?
People of religion usually inherit their beliefs from their families, depending on their culture. Humanists have always worked things out for themselves, and we’re still doing it now. For this reason, we’re sometimes called “freethinkers” because that’s what we do – we think freely, rather than believing.
The symbol of Humanism is the Happy Human. Many people hear this list and say “well, I guess I’m a Humanist”. Maybe it’s you as well. Most Humanists don’t believe in God or belong to any religion, but call themselves Humanist because they share these values.
Humanists believe that:
• we can gain knowledge through scientific research and looking at the natural world – what is real, what we can see and touch
• this one life is all we know we have
• our morality (our sense of right and wrong) comes from our human nature and culture
• what is right is what promotes human welfare and fulfilment
• we can and should create meaning and purpose in life
Religion satisfies a deep seated need in humans, the need to feel that there is a purpose to my existence. It is only in the past few years that we have understood the mechanics behind tsunamis. There is a whole lot of history before that, and I don’t see how humans could have passed through those times without building a religion to see them through.
Without religion, it would be much harder to control society – for good and evil. Because religion is a way of sharing morals within a society. It is a way of telling parents which teachings are important to pass on to children. It is a way of building a common life style. Without religion, something else would need to take that place.
Without religion, there would still be morals, and good people. There would still be those good people who want the best for everybody. There would also still be bad people, and people who think they are good, but only out to get “their own”. Quite often human selfishness is the greatest evil of all.
A world without religion would be very different, but it would be different because for humans to not have religion, we would have to be very different beings. And I just don’t know what that could be like. Or then a world without religion would be just like the world of today, except we wouldn’t have things called religion… We’d have other ways of hating people different from us, and being nice to people in our culture.
But, if we look back to the roots in history – during the times of our evolution, when the first two creatures of God, landed on Earth. Did they had any religion? Because, they are the source of the humanity and human race on Earth. If not them, then why us?
Religion does divide people. That is true. However, I prefer the word separate rather than divide. Religion does group people into different sects. Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus. These differences sometimes can cause disagreements and hostility between people of different religious backgrounds. Wars have been waged in the past and present in the name of religion and often times the resentment follows through generations to come.
And if, religion is utmost necessary, for the identification of caste and creed of the large population, then it should be kept in mind that it should not be mingled with terrorism. The statement is so, that what we actually see, is mostly the Islamic States are involved in the clutches of terror – related activities.
A group of people whose behavior, together, results in their own self-destruction… not even animals would do this. So to say that humans ‘would behave’ like this (without religion) is insulting and arrogant on so many (ignorant) levels.
Religion takes away from us the very thing that makes us human: critical thought, and the ability to make value judgement for ourselves. So, what would happen if humans could interact in using that ability? That, unfortunately, is an experiment that has yet to reach any conclusion.
Now, the question arises, particularly with the religion of Islam, that if the messages of religions, aren’t the root cause of conflict – they are simply a justification for it. Then, why a Muslim family, in a Hindu locality specially is denied home to live in or in some cases they are not being allowed to stay as PG.
Why it is so?
That means, the mainstream society considers the religion of Islam and its followers to be the followers of “Terrorism” as a whole. But, the problem is that, no one even tries to accept the fact that the terrorist or terrorism doesn’t fall under any categories of religion.
It’s a sorry state of affair to see the Muslims are looked down as an Offended class of religions. There is no quick fix to the human condition.
The negativity we see today and falsely attribute to religion is totally a wrong misconception. People who do the wrong do not belong to a specific religion which requires them to do wrong. They do it for money, power, greed etc.
But restricting religion to common definition of Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc., it would make no substantial non-negative difference if they would not exist.
The “No” arguments basically say not all wars are based on religion. But the further you dig into the layers of reasoning behind war, religion always ends up showing its ugly face. Religion is war; the people who say otherwise are more following idiots that will defend it in fear of going to “hell”. The world would be a much more peaceful place without religion. Less fear, less crime and less hate in a world without religion. For now, we are stuck in the dark ages, a world of war until the religions die off.
Some people just take their beliefs too far. They get upset that not everyone thinks like they do. They think they feel this inner peace and they want everyone to feel it. That is until people do things that go ageist their beliefs. Then, they get enraged and start doing things that go against what they say they believe. They tell other people who believe what they do, and get them riled up. The group of people then take to the streets, causing chaos everywhere they go. That is how wars start. The world would be a much better place if people would just except that we all have different beliefs.
The world would not be more peaceful if there were no religion. In order to feel peaceful a society and its people need to feel secure. Religion in and of itself works to give its people a sense of security and peacefulness that they would not otherwise have if they did not have religion.
Om Puri in the movie “Oh My God” said that “Mazhab insaanon ke liye banta hai … mazhab ke liye insaan nahi bante”. Which meant “Religion is made for humans … human is not made for religion”.
Similarly Akshay Kumar, who represented God Krishna in the movie also said, “Maine sirf insaan banaya … aur insaan ne yeh jaat, paat, dharm, mazhab ka dhanda shuru kiya”; meaning “I only made humans … and humans started this business of caste, religion, etc”.
Top 10 Simple Health Changes To Boost Your Well-Being
It does not matter how old you are, where you live, or what your occupation is, your health should always be a top priority. However, most of us are a little bit guilty of letting our well-being slide from time to time. With that being said, read on to discover some of the simple ways you can give your health a boost today.
- Get rid of at least one item in your life that contains toxic chemicals – You may be shocked by just how many items in your life contain toxic chemicals. This includes everything from air fresheners to bed sheets. Get rid of one of these items and replace it with something natural instead. This is something you should make a habit to do every few months or so. You will be surprised by just how much of a difference this can make.
- Deep breathe for at least five minutes – Throughout the day, you should make sure you take the opportunity to deep breathe for at least five minutes. Why? Well, there have been numerous studies that have shown that deep breathing can help to lower stress hormone levels. This means that you will feel better, get an improved night’s sleep, and you will have less anxiety too.
- Drink more water – You probably expected this to be on the list, but the importance of drinking more water should never be ignored. Your body needs water for almost every function. If you are dehydrated, this could be the cause of headaches, pains, aches, and a number of other symptoms.
- Have one veggie night per week – A lot of people eat far too much meat, red meat especially. So, why not have a veggie night once a week? Not only is this good for your health, but it will be good for your bank balance too. There are so many great recipes online that can give you ideas regarding tasty and creative dishes that do not incorporate any sort of meat or fish. Once you start off with one night per week, you may then decide that you want to up it to two nights, and so on. However, it always helps to start off small so that it is easier and more manageable, and you can then get used to it.
- Sign up for an online pharmacy – Nowadays, you can easily order your prescriptions and medications over the Internet via an online pharmacy. This can help you to boost your health because it ensures you never experience delays with your medication. If you are someone who often doesn’t take their recommended course of tablets because you cannot get to the doctors in time for a repeat prescription, then this is definitely a good suggestion for you. Your medication will be delivered to your door with a click of a button.
- Make a dedicated effort to lower your stress levels – There is no denying that we live in a very stress-filled world at the moment! The world we live in is one that has heaps of pressure, and it can be difficult to stay on top of everything and keep those stress levels low. However, it is vital that you find a way to do so. After all, if you don’t adrenal fatigue and health can start to take a tumble, which is the last thing you want. For those who are unaware, adrenal fatigue relates to a group of different symptoms that impact people who are under a lot of physical, emotional, or mental stress. From being a single parent to having a stressful job, there are a lot of different reasons why you may be struggling. Therefore, we recommend that you look for different ways to reduce those stress levels so that you can enjoy a more calming and peaceful life. Whether it is doing some breathing techniques or taking more regular breaks so you can have moments for yourself, there are a lot of different ways that you can make sure you are keeping your stress levels to a minimum. The importance of this should not be overlooked, as stress can impact our mental and physical health in so many different ways.
- Do something nice for someone every day – You will be surprised by how good this makes you feel, and by how much this has a positive impact on your health. It’s all about mental well being. When you do something nice for another person, you are benefitting their health, as well as your own. First and foremost, there is no denying that it feels good to hear some nice words for someone or to get a helping hand when you need it. You feel recognised and appreciated, and this is something we all need. At the same time, doing something nice for someone else and seeing their reaction can make you feel amazing too. After all, doing something good for someone is a gift for yourself at the same time. You will find that the deed continues throughout the day, making you feel great and happy within yourself.
- Incorporate some movement into your commute – If you do not have an active job, this is particularly important. Sitting at a computer all day can be bad for your health. One way to combat this is by incorporating some movement into your commute. If you can walk or bike to work, you should give this a go. If not, start parking your car further away from your place of work so that you have to walk there and back. You should also start using the stairs instead of the elevator whenever you can.
- Start meal planning – You will find it much easier to eat healthily if you plan your meals. At the start of every week, make a menu of what you are going to cook for dinner every evening, as well as what you are going to make for your lunches every day. Not only will this help you to eat better, but you will save money too. Make sure you incorporate some healthy snacks into your food prep for work. This will stop you from going to the vending machine whenever you are bored or your energy is zapped. The great thing about the times we live in at the moment is that you can easily get recipes and meal prep inspiration online. So, if you are struggling, simply do a little bit of digging online and we are sure that you will find a lot of different options when it comes to meal ideas and clever food prep suggestions for the week ahead. Not only is this going to help you to be more organized, but you will find that it actually saves you quite a bit of money in the process. After all, when we do not have a food plan for the week ahead, we tend to spend a lot of money on items we do not need. Food can end up going in the bin because we do not use it. This ends up in an awful lot of waste, and we should all be looking to reduce this, so meal prep is great in many ways.
- Keep a journal – Last but not least, keeping a journal is good for a person’s mental health. You should write down your thoughts. It doesn’t need to be a long entry; you can simply jot down a few bullet points every evening. This will help you to articulate your thoughts so that they do not wear you down. After all, it can be very difficult to sleep if you have lots on your mind. A lot of experts advise this approach for people who suffer from insomnia. One of the main reasons why a lot of people struggle to get the hours of sleep they need is because they cannot shut off when they go to sleep; their minds are still going at a million miles per hour. They are thinking about what they need to do the following day and any worries or concerns that they may have. Because of this, it very much makes sense to keep a journal so you can offload some of these thoughts and worries and you can have a much more restful night of sleep. Once you get into the habit of doing this, you will see that it actually does make a significant difference when it comes to drifting off and enjoying a good night of rest.
So there you have it: some of the best ways to give your health a boost. The suggestions that have been provided are really simple and easy, so there is no excuse not to give yourself a bit of TLC. we are sure that you will start to notice a difference as time goes on. However, as is the case with anything, it requires patience and persistence. You cannot expect to turn your health around in one night.
Acquiring your dream house in the south of Spain
We all dream about moving to a different country, temporarily or permanently, and the amazing new experiences that would come with it. Over the last years, a destination that has become very popular among people looking to acquire a second residence or a holiday house is the southern part of Spain, especially the coastal area of the province of Malaga. This area is known as Costa del Sol because of the incredible amount of sunny days it has per year, making it an idyllic destination if you are looking to enjoy beautiful beaches and good weather. Down below, you will find all the information you would need about this amazing area, as well as information about the best real estate brokers in case you decide to go ahead and get your own house there.
Rely only on professional real estate agencies
We grow up dreaming about owning a breathtaking home in an idyllic place, right next to a stunning beach. However, in order to ensure that our dreams do not turn into dust, we need to plan carefully every small decision along the way. Acquiring a home in a foreign country is never easy, especially in a tourist area like Costa del Sol. Not only we will have to face different laws and legislations, but we will also have to interact in the foreign market and avoid that our lack of familiarity with the market results in us being scammed. Because of this, it is strongly recommended that we rely on the help of professional real estate agencies with a renowned reputation in the area, like Homerun Brokers.
Homerun Brokers is a Real Estate Broker Marbella, right in the heart of Costa del Sol. The Homerun Brokers agency has over 65 years of experience behind their backs finding the perfect houses that will fit every client needs like a glove. Homerun Brokers has an extensive knowledge about the local real estate market and its trends, making them the perfect option to assist you to find your new holiday home, residency or investment property. Homerun Brokers only works with the higher quality buildings, and will sit and listen to your needs to make sure you find the one that adapts to your personal needs perfectly. One of the perks of choosing this real estate agency is that their dedicated team is fluent in Spanish, Polish, Swedish, English, German, Italian and Dutch, which will help you avoid the language barrier that can result in so many problems while being in a foreign country. On top of that, Homerun Brokers has very good personal advisors and coordinators that will help you start your new life in Spain, from recommending you local tax advisors to simply letting you know about the best restaurants in the area.
Overall, the purchase of a new house or property is a decision we should carefully plan for, but if we trust experts like the Homerun Brokers Real Estate Agency, we will not have to worry about anything.
Where to buy your new house
The south of Spain is an area that has for decades attracted visitors from all over the world. This area is famous for its welcoming people, good weather, delicious food and breathtaking beaches. No place in the country embroiders this ideal like the province of Malaga, which is by far the perfect place to experience Spanish and Mediterranean cultures. There are many charming spots where you can acquire a new house in this province with the help of Homerun Brokers, but the ones we especially recommend include:
Malaga is the capital of the province, and the 5th largest city in the country. The city is the perfect mix of modernity and tradition, with a modern business center in a traditional, relaxed Mediterranean atmosphere. Malaga is considered by many as Spanish’s cultural center thanks to the many alternatives the city offers, from beautiful performances at the Cervantes Theater to exhibitions in many museums like the Carmen Thyssen museum. After all, what else could you expect from the birthplace of Picasso?
Malaga has a lot of restaurants, shops and monuments, making it the perfect place to live. And the cherry on top is that the city has its own international airport, making it really easy for foreigners to arrive. Most of the properties in Malaga tend to be flats of all ranges, but if you go slightly to the outskirts you will be able to see luxury villas for sale in Málaga. These properties are equipped with everything you could wish for and very well-connected with the rest of the city, so you will not have to worry about anything. And since they are located on the outskirts, you will be able to avoid the noise that comes with the busier areas.
Costa del Sol
Costa del Sol is the name given to the coastal zone in the province of Malaga, an area that gets its name from the incredible amount of sunny days it has per year. This area is full of charming coastal towns with traditional Mediterranean architecture, like the towns of Benalmadena or Torremolinos. Checking out luxury apartments Costa del Sol would be a perfect alternative if you are looking to relax next to the beach, away from more mainstream crowds. The towns of Coast of the Sun are very well communicated, just a few minutes by car away from Malaga’s airport and many interesting places like Malaga itself.
Marbella is Malaga’s jewel of the crown. This coastal town has specialized in luxury tourism, with lots of interesting alternatives for wealthy people, making it a very exclusive destination. Marbella is the hometown of the Homerun Brokers Agency, making them the perfect assistants to help you buy luxury villas in Marbella. These properties are located in the best areas of Marbella, with everything you could wish for right at your doorstep. It does not matter if you are looking to live close to exclusive shops, monuments or want to live closer to nature, there is the perfect luxury villa in Marbella awaiting you.
The province of Malaga is full of charming places where it would be a delight to live in, and with the assistance of the Homerun Brokers real estate agency, you will be able to buy the luxury property of your dreams.
Where can you buy Argentinian products in the United States?
For immigrants, the aromas and flavors of their countries of origin are something sacred, and they will always want to enjoy them in any situation. For Argentinnians in the United States, the best way to get closer to their roots is through Latinafy, a platform that has a wide variety of South American products that can be ordered from the comfort of your own home.
The United States is among the countries in the world with the largest number of immigrants (of many different nationalities), most of them coming from Latin American countries. According to the Census Bureau, in 2020 there were 31.7 million Hispanic Americans, representing 11.7% of the total population.
The fact that many Latinos live in the U.S. has generated an enormous growth of markets and sectors oriented to satisfy their needs. The idea behind them is to ensure that migrants can have the closest possible connection with their home countries.
When a person leaves their country of origin, they will always miss many things that they have had throughout their lives: their traditions, their usual environment, their acquaintances, but without a doubt one of the things that they will miss the most and that they will look for in the place they go to are the aromas and flavors of their homeland.
The immigration to the United States has been increasing in recent years,especially among Argentinians, in fact in the year 2020 it was known that it exceeded 292 thousand people. This has increased the demand of these immigrants to have access to their favorite products, and thus feel closer to their homeland at all times.
Products from Latin American countries, such as Argentina, are highly sought after around the world, however, they are not easy to find in any physical store, although they are available on digital platforms that are increasingly available for users in various countries, including the United States.
Latinafy, the ideal site
Among the ecommerce sites where you can find a wide variety of items from Argentina and other South American countries, the best and most complete is undoubtedly Latinafy, a place that brings together all those aromas and flavors that make Latin American culture unique.
The team that works on this platform do so with the great pride of showing authentic South American culture to the whole planet.
It has a variety of product categories to choose from: Best Sellers, Combos, New!, Christmas and holidays, alfajores, books, cheeses, fresh cuts and sweets, traditional desserts, salamis, dulce de leche, candies, infusions, cookies, healthy snacks, alcoholic beverages, authentic leather shoes and jackets, board games, wholesale, pharmacy, mates and thermoses, coffee and tea, cell phone cases and much, much more.
The prestige that Latinafy has achieved is such that they are trusted by the main international manufacturers to represent their products. This is due to their integrity, honesty, reputation and reliability as suppliers, as well as the excellent service and attention they offer to both wholesalers and retailers.
Likewise, their team strives to provide the best products from abroad, constantly expanding, which results in a steady growth. They even offer the opportunity to bring foreign products that are not in their catalogs to your doorstep, just ask for them.
There is no minimum purchase with Latinafy and the shipping is free on purchases over $45. Undoubtedly, there is no easier way to receive all these products that are so loved and longed for, now you can get them from anywhere and without leaving home.
Products that identify Argentinians
There are several foods and beverages that Argentinians identify with, products that they want to keep tasting even if they are living far away from their homeland, and that thanks to online stores like Latinafy, they can still enjoy without having to leave their homes.
One of the most popular products are the delicious alfajores, which, although not originally from Argentina but from the Arab culture, are widely consumed in the South American country, perhaps it is consumed there more than anywhere else in the world. In fact, according to the Asociación de Distribuidores de Golosinas, Galletitas y Afines, 6 million alfajores are sold every day.
The alfajores are two sweet dough tops with a filling in the middle. There is a wide variety available, being the most popular one the “chocolate con dulce de leche”. The most sought after are the white Guaymallén, Cachafaz, the triple chocolate Fantoche and the chocolate Jorgito.
Chocolates and chocolate bars are also in great demand by Argentinians spread around the world, being the traditional Biznikke cookie with snowy coating one of their favorite chocolates, a candy that has been in the market for more than 60 years. Milka or Cadbury chocolates are also included.
As for chocolates, Argentinians will surely evoke their happy childhood years when tasting Georgalos or Arcor chocolates, as well as the traditional Jack de Felfort, which popularized chocolates with a surprise toy inside.
A product that Argentinians also love is dulce de leche, which is available in several brands such as Vauquita, La Serenísima, Chimbote, Havanna (which also produces alfajores), San Ignacio, Vacalín and more.
A drink that also identifies the gauchos is Yerba maté, a herb that is placed in hot water and consumed in a container known as a bombilla or mate. There is not a set time of the day to drink it, they drink it at any time, since more than considering it as just another random drink, it is a ritual for Argentinians, something to share with family, friends, or to enjoy alone.
Another very popular drink in Argentina is fernet, of Italian origin. It is a bitter liqueur of the amaro type, made from different herbs that are macerated with wine alcohol. It is then filtered and rests in oak barrels for between six and twelve months.
Overall, if you are looking to taste all the flavours Argentina has to offer from the USA, then we can not stop recommending you check out Latinafy, their big catalog will not disappoint you
Health10 months ago
Unconventional Ways to Boost Your Health
Business3 months ago
Current Trends in Business That Every Entrepreneur Should Work Towards Achieving
Business5 months ago
Why Buy A Business, Rather Than Start One
Business5 months ago
Temperature Controlled Transport: What is it?
Business5 months ago
Top 10 Simple Health Changes To Boost Your Well-Being
Health3 months ago
The Way We Have Exercised Has Changed
Business3 months ago
Employee Training and Development Becomes One of the Most Disruptive Megatrends That Is Shaping the Future of Work
Travel12 months ago
7 Travel Safety Tips You Should Know