Though the effect is very small but it can change many things on minute level. Satellite communication and Launching may be affected. The researchers said that while the minuscule change may be completely undetectable, it still illustrates the punch behind the Japan's massive earthquake. Last year a 8.8-magnitude earthquake had also shifted the globe's axis by about 10 centimetres that hit Chile resulting into shortened days by 1.26 millionths of a second.
Meanwhile U.S. Geological Survey said the main island of Japan has actually shifted 2.4 metres. Changing the geography of the earth. Whether such changes will bring better after results or will make the situation worse cannot be told now. Such changes do affect climate and ecology of the region.
Shifting of plates or land masses is not a new thing. Today what we see different continents in the world map is actually a result of tectonic plates movement due to earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, there was a single continent earlier, all the present continents and land masses were together millions of years ago.
- Impact on Economy after Japanese Earthquake, Tsunami
- Second Blast at Quake Hit Japanese Nuclear Plant
- Fear of Nuclear Radiation Leak Aftermath Japan Earthquake
- Japan Earthquake Triggered Russian Volcanoes
- 8.9 Earthquake in Japan, Tsunami Warning to Russia, Taiwan and South East Asia
- Nuclear Radiation leaking in Japan
Scroll down and post your prayers for the innocents in Japan in the comment form below